module

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bill Cunningham

    #1

    module

    I am new to perl. In fact I haven't written decent code in perl. But I
    would like to write a module. And is the perldoc that comes with Perl at
    cpan all you need to write in perl?

    Bill


  • Jürgen Exner

    #2
    Re: module

    "Bill Cunningham" <nospam@nspam.c omwrote:
    I am new to perl. In fact I haven't written decent code in perl. But I
    >would like to write a module.
    perldoc perlmod is a good place to start reading.
    >And is the perldoc that comes with Perl at
    >cpan all you need to write in perl?
    You don't need perldoc although it certainly comes very handy when
    writing Perl code. Technically all you need is an editor to write and
    the perl interpreter to run the code.

    Comment

    • Bill Cunningham

      #3
      Re: module


      "Jürgen Exner" <jurgenex@hotma il.comwrote in message
      news:ao4e54pndg d17p0uglibqu15k t1g275t0i@4ax.c om...
      >
      perldoc perlmod is a good place to start reading.
      >
      You don't need perldoc although it certainly comes very handy when
      writing Perl code. Technically all you need is an editor to write and
      the perl interpreter to run the code.
      What about a Perl compiler. That's the one thing I have against Perl it
      runs on interpreters. Btw what is a POD ?

      Bill


      Comment

      • Jim Gibson

        #4
        Re: module

        In article <z0F5k.40584$lE 3.7137@trnddc05 >, Bill Cunningham
        <nospam@nspam.c omwrote:
        "Jürgen Exner" <jurgenex@hotma il.comwrote in message
        news:ao4e54pndg d17p0uglibqu15k t1g275t0i@4ax.c om...

        perldoc perlmod is a good place to start reading.

        You don't need perldoc although it certainly comes very handy when
        writing Perl code. Technically all you need is an editor to write and
        the perl interpreter to run the code.
        >
        What about a Perl compiler. That's the one thing I have against Perl it
        runs on interpreters. Btw what is a POD ?
        The Perl interpreter compiles your Perl source code before it executes
        it. Compiling and execution are done in one step, so there are no nasty
        object files and load libraries to mess around with.

        POD stands for "plain old documentation". It means unadorned text,
        although Perl's POD system does have some minor text appearance
        enhancements, such as indenting, bolding, and italicization. But the
        basic POD document system allows a module writer, to which you aspire,
        to interlace documentation with code with a few, simple compiler
        directives. See "perldoc perlpod" for details.

        FYI: comp.lang.perl is a defunct newsgroup. You should use
        comp.lang.perl. misc for general Perl questions. See also "perldoc -q
        newsgroups" for others.

        --
        Jim Gibson

        Posted Via Usenet.com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services
        ----------------------------------------------------------
        Best Usenet Service Providers 2026 ranked by Newsgroup Access Newsservers, Usenet Search, Features & Free Trial. Add VPN for privacy.

        Comment

        Working...