SQLTransaction locking up table

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mahajan.sanjeev@gmail.com

    #1

    SQLTransaction locking up table

    Hi All,

    I am using a SQLTransaction in a .Net application to insert records
    into a SQL Server table. At one time, there are 5000 or more records to
    be inserted one by one. It takes some 20-25 mins for the entire process
    to run.

    Another application accesses the same table.

    As long as the insert process within the transaction isn't completed,
    the second application is not getting any response from the server. I
    even tried to run a SELECT on the table in SQL Query Analyzer while the
    insert process was running and it also did not respond till the time
    the insert process finished!

    Is this normal that a transaction is locking up a table? How do I
    overcome it? I am using IsolationLevel. ReadUncommitted for the
    SQLTransaction.

    If I do not run the process within a SQLTransaction, the second process
    or running the SELECT in Query Analyzer runs fine.

    Thanks,
    Sanjeev Mahajan

Working...