XML Transform

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • vinki

    #1

    XML Transform

    I have a Visual basic application. I need to convert this application to a
    web form asp.net. In this application there are checkboxes to print diffent
    forms. so for example if user checks on on individualperso n forms than
    individualPerso n forms will be printed out directly to the printer.

    Some of the fields of the individualPerso n forms are coming from database

    so for example

    name : John Smith
    This is to certify name : <database field>

    At the bottom there will be address of John Smith

    and so on

    VB application is using mail merge to print out these forms directly to the
    printer. There can be 100's of individualperso n form depending on number of
    person stored in the database. so tentatively there can be 100's of page with
    the indivdual information printed on each form.
    I want to do something like this in ASP.net. I can use mail merge in
    ASp.net, but I was told not to use mail merge at all. I was suggested by
    someone that
    I can use XML transform instead of mail merge and directly put the data in
    the HTML page so there will be 100's of seperate individual HTMl page with
    the personal infomation printed out directly to the printer once the user
    checks on the individualperso n forms.

    I did lot of reaserch in Google and couldn't find anything like this. Can
    anyone please help me to acheive something like this in ASP.net.
    I don't have to use XML transform, but if there are any idea or any link to
    do something like this it will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance
    --
    vinki
Working...